The Pocket Guide to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME
Key Facts and Tips for Improved Health
This concise and easy-to-read book will help anyone with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME manage their illness and improve their overall wellbeing.
It explains how CFS/ME is diagnosed and the different ways it may affect the body, so that people with CFS/ME will be able to more actively take charge of their health and create the best chance for recovery.
- Based on sound medical research
- Written by world-renowned authority on CFS/ME
- Strategies for dealing with specific symptoms
- Managing sleep
- Easing back into exercise
- Eating optimally for recovery
- Dealing with work and education issues
- Talking to others about CFS/ME, including the doctor
- Caring for CFS/ME sufferers, including the severely ill
- Latest research and search for a cure.
Dr ROSAMUND VALLINGS is a leading international specialist in CFS/ME and has been helping those with this condition for more than 40 years. Her previous books, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME: Symptoms, Diagnosis, Management and Managing ME/CFS: A Guide for Young People, have helped thousands of people around the world.
In 2016 she was the recipient of the Nelson Gantz Award for Outstanding Clinician by the International Association for CFS/ME. She was awarded Membership of the New Zealand Order of Merit for services to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Dr Vallings lives in Auckland and travels regularly to promote understanding of CFS/ME and to further her interest in the latest research into diagnosis and treatments.